[A][L][S]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[A][L][S]

[A][L][S]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
[A][L][S]
Welcome to our forums!->BE ACTIVE AND RESPECT OTHERS!

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve

Admin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Empty [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve

Post by Admin Sat May 19, 2012 4:51 am

If you download stuff off the internet, most likely, you have
    encountered files having the RAR extension. It’s the format of the
    popular archiving software WinRAR, the purpose of which is to split big
    files into smaller chunks and to lower the file size. However, there are
    times which they can be corrupted due to several reasons such as the
    upload/download process, problems with the server, internet connection,
    etc. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Ranting

This guide teaches you how to repair a corrupted RAR archive with the
    help of Recovery Record, I made this guide because a lot of users are
    having problems extracting the content(s) of the archive due to volume
    corruption, CRC errors, etc (especially if the file is downloaded from
    MediaFire, read about it [Only admins are allowed to see this link].
    Maybe some of you already know about it, but a lot of users don’t,
    especially newbies, so I created this guide for the sake of “noobs”. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Biggrin

What you need:

- WinRAR, if you don’t have it, you can download it [Only admins are allowed to see this link].

- A little bit of common sense. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Rolleyes

Here we go. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Biggrin

I downloaded a file split in 6 parts (200MB each) posted [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (uploaded by jaymastergwapo). [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Biggrin

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 831x676.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
    While I was extracting its content, I encountered an error saying that three parts are corrupted. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Upset

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 769x400.

Instead of wasting bandwidth re-downloading the corrupted part(s), check
    first if the archive has a Recovery Record. To check if it’s present,
    check the Properties of the archive (Right-click >> Properties). [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Smile

If it’s present, you have a good chance of fixing the archive,
    otherwise, sad to say, you can’t repair the archive. You can just
    re-download the corrupted part or tell the uploader to re-upload it. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Mybad

Next step is to open any part with WinRAR and click the “Up one level”
    button. Highlight the corrupted part(s) (in my case, there are three),
    go to Tools and select “Repair Archive” or just simply press “Alt+R”. A
    box will pop up and select “Treat the corrupt archive as RAR”, and click
    “OK”. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Biggrin

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 806x666.

Then the repairing process will begin. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Clap

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 839x660.

Wait until you see the message “Done”, and then click “Close”. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Thumbsup

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 842x666.

New file(s) (in my case, there are three) will show up with their filename having the prefix “fixed.”.

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 828x671.

Move the corrupted part(s) in other location (I just created a folder inside that directory), just in case.

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 818x671.

After moving the part(s), rename the repaired file(s), just remove the
    prefix “fixed.”, so that it’ll have the same file name along with the
    other parts. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wink

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 822x675.

After renaming the file(s), you can now extract the content(s) of the archive(s) without errors. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Biggrin

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x665.

In my case, it’s the Pacquiao-Cotto fight. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Biggrin

[Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 830x674.

This is just the most common case of repairing corrupted archives, there
    are other cases which you have to use a Hex Editor to fix the archive.
    I’ll make a guide on it when I find corrupted archives which suit that
    case. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Biggrin

Here’s a [Only admins are allowed to see this link] to that type of case, though this guide is pretty much outdated. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Lol

Thanks for reading. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Smile

Feel free to ask questions. [Tutorial] Repair Corrupted RAR Archieve Biggrin

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:59 am